thread_local X tlsX;
The only times I use Hungarian Notation are a handful of prefixes (e.g. in C++):
- m_ => member (instance) attribute
- g_ => global (static/class) attribute
- p => pointer (N-times, e.g.
I’ve never used
thread_local (yet, though I have used the Win32 TLS API), but I’ll have to add that to my list.
I find myself using a similar but alternative style of notation in Objective-C:
- _name => Objective-C (@interface) attributes that are Objective-C objects
- name => Objective-C (@interface) attributes that are C data types
At least, so far. I’m still a relative newbie at OBjective-C. I’m working on it